Oakley H6 Edge Sander

techniques and projects: share and learn

Moderator: nektai

bretgreen

Oakley H6 Edge Sander

Post by bretgreen »

I just found this Oakley H6 edgesander on CL and paid for it. I am now arranging shipping and should see it here in So Cal within a couple weeks. I was looking at other H6 sanders online when I came across this site. (Now a member) I just want to post the pictures from the ad and will put up more as the restoration is completed. I am going to pick up the machine from the terminal with a liftgate truck and I will have them help me set it on some flat carts to move it around. I will add more as the saga unfolds....

crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Hi Bret,

Nice looking sander. I assume my sander the H648 is what brought you to the site- http://machinejunkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=717

Yours has the older cooler cast iron base- mine is completely fabbed of plate steel and structural steel. Not as nice looking, but it still gets the job done.

My sander is running well, I just replaced the graphite on the platen for the second time last week. I am still having some tracking issues and have mocked up a bit more crown on the drive wheel with masking tape. This seems to help, but a complete revulcanization of the drum is due in the future- the rubber is cracked as well.

Otherwise it is a great machine. I cannot wait to rescue it from the horrible baby blue paint that covers it!

Definitely post pics as you proceed in the rebuild.

Pete