232-D

techniques and projects: share and learn

Moderator: nektai

mystry_tour

232-D

Post by mystry_tour »

I fought to keep the Gov. in power......they keep screwing around I'll fight to get rid of them.
mystry_tour

Post by mystry_tour »

the motor was in great shape and all was needed was new leads. The guys where i sent it were happy to do it...for free. The remark was if all it needs is leeds send it down and we'll fix er up...they even had the correct color to paint the motor for me.
I fought to keep the Gov. in power......they keep screwing around I'll fight to get rid of them.
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

very cool. thanks for sharing.

I have been lusting over the oliver 270d lately. I'm curious how much blade height you get with the 232?

pete
mystry_tour

Post by mystry_tour »

not really sure pete....i will know in a few weeks though as I will be trying to gt it back together soon. I will be driveing to Pa. tonight to pick up a snowflake for the shop and trying to get the floor poured for the shop in the next few days. Getting the conduit in the ground for the 3 PH power hopefully next week. I too have a 552 lightning comming from LA> and should arrive Wed. of next week...things are gonna be cutting it close...
I did find out though the 232 and the 270 are pretty much the same saw except the motor is a 5 hp on the 270 and the 232 is a 3 hp....but the motor is interchangable. the 232 has a 12 inch blad and the 270 will use a 14 inch i think.....so not really a whole lot of diff. But if I USE A DADO I HAVE TO GET A BLADE EXTENTION AND OPEN THE DOOR TO USE IT
dadude

Post by dadude »

nice work, :mrgreen: my olivers (2- 166's) came to me gray and i have not done anything about it, yet. but green is the dominant tone in the shop and i wouldn't change for all the gray on the USS Williamson (must be one floating around out there) i have been going with the Wadkin green
mystry_tour

Post by mystry_tour »

well mine came GREEN.....but OMG what a green
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/m ... top081.jpg