Jig suggestions for the Glider?

Discuss the coveted printers saw

Moderator: crzypete

RobodocX

Jig suggestions for the Glider?

Post by RobodocX »

Well I am the happy new owner of a G140 Glider currently undergoing some repairs and upgrades. Along the way, I began to think about designing and building some jigs for this machine to make it more functional. I'd be interested in any ideas from others about jigs that they feel might enhance the day to day usability of the machine.

So far, I have come up with four that I think I will pursue. Both would mount to the sliding table using selectable mag switch magnets and reference against the finger.

1. A mitering jig that would allow either a continuous range of angles or a few specific angles.

2. A "donkey's ear" mitering attachment to allow the saw to be used to cut miters for small boxes.

3. A spline jig to facilitate cutting splines in mitered boxes. I have something similar for my large slider but this might be a nice use for the Hammond for smaller boxes with the smaller kerf blade.

4. A universal pneumatic clamp setup that would hopefully be compatible with the above jigs. Similar to what is in use on the Multirouter.

Has anyone done this stuff before? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rick