Complete disassembly of table problem

Discuss the coveted printers saw

Moderator: crzypete

JustinTWL

Complete disassembly of table problem

Post by JustinTWL »

I started my teardown today and I got it all tore down except for the shaft that bears the small pivoting table, the arbor arm, and the motor mount. i cant seem to move any of the shafts despite undoing all the set screws.

It appears that there is a through pin i three places on the main shaft. Are these in fact through pins that need to be punched out to get the main shaft out?

Also on the small pivoting table, the shaft had one set screw and the end has a slot. It appears that when I rotated the shaft via flat head, it acts a cam to the table. It does move in and out about 1/2" but seems that it bottoming out when trying to pull it out. To get this table off do you first have to remove the outside bracket on the main shaft?

Thanks!

- Justin

JustinTWL

Post by JustinTWL »

Got it apart thanks to Pete.

JustinTWL

Post by JustinTWL »

Got it all broken down.

I'm currently inquiring about powder coating at a local shop. Using a rattle can is getting tedious and tiresome...Unsure of this color as well.

crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Looking good! Glad you got it apart!

I had a custom match made by sherwin williams. Used their oil based enamel. I'll spray it from a gun or brush it depending on my mood and the parts to be painted. I can photograph the formula on the can if you want.

Pete
mister honey

Post by mister honey »

I'd appreciate the SW color match formula, Pete.

Mike
JustinTWL

Post by JustinTWL »

Yeah that color would be great
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Here's what they mixed for me. I meant to paint one of my fingers, but never got around to it. the sample was a great match though. This is the lighter green of the G100.

JustinTWL

Post by JustinTWL »

crzypete wrote:Here's what they mixed for me. I meant to paint one of my fingers, but never got around to it. the sample was a great match though. This is the lighter green of the G100.

Is that the color of the forum background?