Replacement part for Trimosaw G3

Discuss the coveted printers saw

Moderator: crzypete

yogo100

Replacement part for Trimosaw G3

Post by yogo100 »

Hi all,

After searching for a couple of years, I finally found a trimosaw within driving distance. It is a G3 model. Unfortunately, during transportation the saw fell over and the motor mount bracket broke, making the saw unusable (the bracket connects the motor to the blade raising mechanism. While I know this is a long shot, I was hoping that perhaps someone on this forum has G3 spare parts, or knows of a place where I can source this part. I would really like to get it back in action.

Thanks,

Yoav
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Congrats on the saw, bummer about the damage.

Without seeing your issue, I think your best bet is to braze, silver solder or weld the broken pieces back together. It's a long search to find a parted out G3, also would need to know whether it is the early style G3 which raises and lowers the motor on a dovetail way system, or the later models which are similar to the G4 and parts would be potentially compatible. If the G4 is in the mix as a potential source of parts, I may have what you need.

Pete
yogo100

Post by yogo100 »

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the response. This is one of the G3's with the dovetailed system for raising the blade and the motor at the same time. I have taken some pictures of the damage, but basically the part that clamps the motor to the dovetailed mechanism sheared off at the two screws that clamp the motor to the mechanism (I hope that makes sense). Let me see if I can upload some pictures of the damage. I'm looking into welding/brazing the piece, but from my limited knowledge of welding I know that cast iron is not easy to weld.

Yoav
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

It's not easy to weld, but not impossible either. Just need someone with a bit of experience.

Pete
yogo100

Post by yogo100 »

I guess, I will try to find someone to weld the piece back together (given how long it has taken me to find this saw). Thanks!