Dust Collection on a Glider

Discuss the coveted printers saw

Moderator: crzypete

kmcsmart

Dust Collection on a Glider

Post by kmcsmart »

Has anyone set up dust collection on their glider. I am curious to see what others have done.
Karen
bill1608

Dust Collection

Post by bill1608 »

I haven't set up mine for dust collection yet but I was thinking about making a piece of plywood with a port that would quickly and easily fit in front instead of the dust bin (maybe magnets?). That way it wouldn't be necessary to cut a hole in the saw's base. It would be good to design the connection on the port so that it doesn't stick out too much in front. I might also try to block some areas for better suction up around the arbor, but I don't think it would be necessary with my 5 hp dust collector. Might also have something above the blade. I ended up installing casters on my saw that don't require it to be raised higher. It's already pretty tall. So it would be good to have a port on the front that could be easily removed when I roll it out of the way
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Never done it myself, but seen a few done. While I appreciate the concept of going through the front where the cart goes in, functionally, that would annoy me. I'd be bumping into that hose with my feet and looking at it constantly- even more ugly than simply cutting a hole in the back of the saw.

Or, maybe if you have a G4 with the vent on the side you could access through there. But seriously, I'd just cut a clean hole in the back and be satisfied

Pete