Drawbar missing...

Discuss the coveted printers saw

Moderator: crzypete

brevetpiano

Drawbar missing...

Post by brevetpiano »

Hi there,

I just got myself a G4B, and am suuuuuuper excited about it. This is my second Glider, my first was a G3 I had to leave behind at my old shop in North Carolina when I relocated back to California (the shop has 2 and we use them both all the time). I work as a piano technician and rebuilder and found the saw to be almost as useful as the bandsaw once I got to know it.

This saw seems to be in relatively good shape and should work really well once I get it all together. Theres a couple of missing pieces though. The big one is that it is missing the draw bar that holds the blade faceplate to the arbor. Does anyone know if these (or something enough like them to work) are available? Maybe somebody has one sitting in a drawer?...or found a way to rig something up? I'd be pretty interested in hearing any info/experience about how I could find or fashion one.

It's also missing its batter guage - anybody know of any out there?

I bought the saw from a recently purchased print shop - the new owner didn't know what it was or what it can be used for...I plan to go back and see if he'd mind me digging around to see if these parts are in a drawer someplace, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that.

Any info would be GREAT. Super excited about this new/old machine, and really looking forward to enjoying the setup process and then enjoying the use even more.
Louis del Bene, RPT
www.brevetpiano.com
brevetpiano

found it...

Post by brevetpiano »

I found the draw bar!!! It was at the print shop I bought the saw from.

Still looking for a Batter gage, so if anyone has one out there please let me know. Thanks!!!

A motor swop and a blade change and this saw should be up and running.
Louis del Bene, RPT
www.brevetpiano.com