Cost Cutter Saws, where to find a blade?

Discuss the coveted printers saw

Moderator: crzypete

Vallejos

Cost Cutter Saws, where to find a blade?

Post by Vallejos »

Hi, I have just rescued a Cost Cutter Saws by C.B. Nelson, Chicago, from rusting away.
Motor works but the saw has no blade. Some parts are unfortunatly broke, as the movable End Gauge and the blade guard. Also the three screws holding the blade are missing.
Are these screws in inch? What threads?
Anyone knows where to find blades for woodworking that fits this machine??

Thanks
Anders
Sweden

crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Cute saw! I like the looks of the slider table mechanism. Any chance for some more pics of it?

I'm not sure if the arbor is the same as the hammond arbor, but the screws are almost definitely inch. I'd guess 8-32 or 10-32.

You'll need a custom bored blade. Any reputable saw shop should be able to do this for you.

I wouldn't shed a tear over the blade guard, that style would probably just get in your way. The end gage is pretty damn useful t one though.

Peter
Vallejos

Post by Vallejos »

crzypete wrote:Cute saw! I like the looks of the slider table mechanism. Any chance for some more pics of it?

I'm not sure if the arbor is the same as the hammond arbor, but the screws are almost definitely inch. I'd guess 8-32 or 10-32.

You'll need a custom bored blade. Any reputable saw shop should be able to do this for you.

I wouldn't shed a tear over the blade guard, that style would probably just get in your way. The end gage is pretty damn useful t one though.

Peter
I might post more pics when I get round to removing all rust. Right now it is a project for some rainy days coming :-)
Gonna look for a blade and screws for holding the blade. That is prio one :-)
Vallejos

Post by Vallejos »

I did not update on the process of restoring/rescuing the glider. Here is a pic from when I had sanded the top of the saw, free from rust.

I did also contact a blade manufacturer here in Sweden that was able to custom make me a blade for the saw. And it cuts like a hot knife in butter. It costed an arm and a leg, but since the saw was a find for free, who is complaining?! :D

Vallejos

Post by Vallejos »