C&G Morrison Printers saw

Post by code54 »

code54

Re: C&G Morrison Printers saw

Post by code54 »

code54

Re: C&G Morrison Printers saw

Post by code54 »

I am no expert on these saws but I believe this is a 3A model and was told it was from around the 1940’s.
Overall it is in nice shape and is solid. It has a 220v motor but no plug so I have never turned it on and don’t know if it runs or not. It does turn smoothly and correctly and the belt appears to be in good shape. Does have a newer aftermarket switch on it.
The machine has some old oil and stains on it and the little handle that opens the chip area is just loose . The tables appear in good overall shape with some small marks but nothing major at all. The slide works well and seems fairly smooth. I did notice it has a crack on the back of it but it is tight and seems to make no different. – appears to have been that way for a long time. The stand is very solid but hoes have some rusting on the very base when the chip can sits but seems solid.
Comes with several spare blades as pictured and includes the trash/chip can that goes under the unit which is in good shape.
Overall very nice for a 75 or so year old machine. Was told it weighs around 350+ pounds and is extremely heavy for its size. WAY more than a normal table saw!
Since I don’t know about the electric motor I priced it a lot lower than what others have sold for recently.
If you have any questions please ask and you are welcome to come and see if before buying it. I can also help load on a truck or trailer.
Located in Hurricane WV.
Thank you for looking
Asking 500 but open to offers
code54

Post by code54 »

Think I was a little high -$300