OT: The Ultimate Glue Bottle?

All strange discussion and debates

Moderator: crzypete

crzypete

OT: The Ultimate Glue Bottle?

Post by crzypete »

I remember reading about Gillette spending zillions of dollars to develop the Mach 3 razor, It was a huge gamble at the time, but I think it ended up paying off and they now own a super sized market share.

I was eating dinner one night last year using some ketchup and admiring heinz's new bottle. I thought to myself, I wonder how much money they threw at this damn thing in order to solve the age old dilemma of Ketchup dispensing. Then I started thinking, You know, Ketchup has just about the same consistency as glue. I wonder......

Well I have run my tests and now can stand behind it, The new style heinz ketchup bottle makes a damn fine glue dispenser. It excels at squirting larger amounts of glue. I find I go to my old standby when I need just a little to reattach a chip. But as a whole, this thing stays clean and since it sits upside-down, the glue is always right there.

I kept the labels for effect!

and the nozzle after much use
diamond saw dave

Post by diamond saw dave »

Now the real question is when are you going to dye your glue green?

I was thinking about this when you switched to that bottle a little while ago and I have a similar experience in a different material. I work quite a bit in plaster (for a while almost exclusively) I would get so mad when I could not get all the plaster off the walls of my plastic buckets that in many cases I would unintentionally smash them to bits with a hammer trying to get those bits off the walls. Then I found a bit of money and upgraded to stainless steel bucks. Which I still have, love, when doing plaster work cannot live without.

The problem was still there. Although now my buckets are quite dinged from my mild usage of a rubber mallet ( When I say mild I mean a LOT).

Now that I got the back story out of the way. I once thought. I wish I had a bucket that was sturdy and I could hold in one hand and then get all of my material out of.

I stumbled into a kitchen supply store one day looking to add to my cooking knife collection when I came across these amazing medium density polypro or latex buckets used for mixing. The beauty of them is that they are weighted perfectly to hold in one hand, hold enough material that you don't waste any and when the remnants of the plaster sets inside the bucket you just squeeze it and all of the hard bits come out, and it returns to its original shape.

To bad I didn't develop it first....