Tannewitz

All strange discussion and debates

Moderator: crzypete

diamond saw dave

Tannewitz

Post by diamond saw dave »

Hello fellow junkies!

Now the forum has been a bit slow as of lately; with talking to crazypete I have decided to post something a bit different. Now most of you that saw Tannewitz as the headline probably expected to see some wreck get rebuilt. Sadly this is not the case. What is the case is that there is one being build from the ground up so to speak.

A few of you know me most of you probably don't. Ill give you some back round before you start looking at the pics. I am an artist, of the fine arts sort of version. Sculpture, drawing, printmaking, installation. That sort of thing. No painting. For the time being the more sizable work has been fabricated out of my small studio and out of crazypetes studio.

This being said. Pete and I have the same taste in vintage tools. :-)

I am currently getting ready for a gallery show in June and the work that I am well working on is of a nature very close to all of us. Tools! very specifically Pete's tools.

I won't get into concept but its end product I think you will enjoy. I do at least.

So instead of dragging on the post for daily critique I thought I would just give you the blow by blow in one posting, at least for this project. The first drawing that I have done is Pete's 30" Tannewitz. This drawing is on Lennox 100 that I buy custom rolled so I can cut large sheets to draw on. The drawing is the same size as the actual machine. To give you some time frame. I started this project 4 weeks ago roughly and I finished last night. At least 40 hours a week probably more, but who's counting right?

It is done with #2 pencils and I went through 4 cases of them. 12 pencils in a case. Do the math. lol

So now for the good part now that you've suffered through all of my blabbering.... photos....

Done. Now if you made it this far. The next project is pete's Oliver Jointer...
nektai

Post by nektai »

Dave

Great work. How many pieces in the show? All 2D?

How will you present it?
diamond saw dave

Hey Nico,

Not all 2D, 6 big drawings, 4 smaller ones and 8 sculptures. Not all tools but many related topics. as you know I tend to use tools as metaphors for humankind (keep it PC lol).

I'm not sure how I'm going to display the drawings. They have once again gotten to the point where they are to big to frame without some serious engineering and will likely not sell due to their size. So framing them is a bit of a dilemma for me. Mostly because the shop is small and I'm already losing so much space to the bulldozer which is in crates. Rolling the drawings up and keeping them in the loft in tube is such a space saver and also a much smaller money draw. If you have any good ideas I'm willing to listen with wide open ears.

How is the foot? I heard your looking for a driver for baltimore. I considered offering you my services but Im really starting to stress about this show in June. Lots to do and these "quick" drawings are really taking a lot longer than I thought they would. I'm happy with the way that they are turning out, but the time sink is killing me. It takes days to have them cover a serious amount of space on paper and its god knows how many 1,000's of little lines. The photos don't really do it justice. wish they did.
guzziguy

Post by guzziguy »

DAMN! that's a sh@t load of cross hatching!

I hope you take plenty of photos of the show when it's up. I'd love to see it.

J
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Dave, The table came out great! Might even look better than the real thing!

Pete
diamond saw dave

thanks, that table almost was the straw that broke this camels back. I finished last night at 4 minutes to midnight. I know I looked at the clock. lol. the big table took almost 8 hours.... brutal
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Here's a little treat...