OT- HVLP Spray Gun

All strange discussion and debates

Moderator: crzypete

nektai

OT- HVLP Spray Gun

Post by nektai »

I was wondering if my fellow junkies had any advice about spray equiptment. I spray water based finishes made by Target Coatings. I had been using a devilbis Finish Line 2 gun which has gotten a bit tired. I was thinking of replacing it with the FLG 3 as seen here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2877wt_910

It looks like they have replaced plastic parts with stainless so i think it will work well for me. If nothing else i already know my way around the gun. That said I am open to an upgrade.

Any recommendations would be welcome.
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Nico, I have no experience with the Devilbliss, but have heard good things. Personally, as you know, I run a Binks Mach2 conversion gun.

I think my amendment to your question to the group would be not just for a specific gun, but for a good place to buy it. Finding parts and different tips has always been a hassle for me, so any recommendations to a good source would also be appreciated.

pete
nektai

Post by nektai »

This gives me the perfect opportunity to tell you to stay away from

http://www.spraygunworld.com/

They had been my go to source for spray guns and parts. I referred Guzziguy to them and they never filled his order. I needed a part for a cheap astro pneumatic gun that i had bought from them so i thought I would see if his experience was an anomaly. They have not shipped my part and I have been too lazy to call up to demand my money back. It is high up on my list of things to do.

Stay away!
DB Furniture

Post by DB Furniture »

I spray Jeff's finishes every week. We use the Asturo F1 gravity gun with a 1.4 tip. It gives a really nice finish and have had no problems with it in the past few years. The finish Line guns just can not atomize the liquid. You have to spend the money on this purchase. Danny
Danny Birnbaum
DB Fine Furniture & Design
71 Glenwood Place
East Orange, NJ 07017
dbfinefurniture.com
harmonpa

reputable source for spray gun

Post by harmonpa »

Niko the FLG is a good gun. If your considering it still I would go with a certified devilbiss distributor and ask about part availability. If you wanted to think about the used route might want to read this guide on buying used spray equipment to make sure the gun doesn't end up needing additional costs.
Siemonbell44

Re: OT- HVLP Spray Gun

Post by Siemonbell44 »

nektai wrote:I was wondering if my fellow junkies had any advice about spray equiptment. I spray water based finishes made by Target Coatings. I had been using a devilbis Finish Line 2 gun which has gotten a bit tired. I was thinking of replacing it with the FLG 3 as seen here.

It looks like they have replaced plastic parts with stainless so i think it will work well for me. If nothing else i already know my way around the gun. That said I am open to an upgrade.

Any recommendations would be welcome.
You can check this article to know best about your query :-
https://theedgecutter.com/best-hvlp-spr ... odworking/
You will get better good info on HVLP Spray Guns For Woodworking