SCM Invincible Shaper

All strange discussion and debates

Moderator: crzypete

nektai

Post by nektai »

Darius is my brother. Charles i do not know. Small world! Where were you skiing?

Yes it is clear now the lock ring is threaded the opposite of the nut that locks the cutter in place.

Thanks
Russjp

Post by Russjp »

Hi nectai,

I've just found this forum after searching the net for info on this machine.

I've got the same one and that too needs a new starter switch but I'm having trouble finding a wiring diagram, even SCM can't help.

Did you manage to get yours sorted?

Cheers

Russ
nektai

Post by nektai »

Russ,

I am yet to get the machine online. This is not due to technical hurdles, just my own flakieness. I was thinking of finishing the machine so this post gives me the excuse that i need to pull it out and get back to work.

I am sure that i will be able to help with the wiring questions that you have. What exactly is going on?
Russjp

Post by Russjp »

Hi nektai

Thanks for the reply.

I needed a new starter switch and, unable to get the correct one, thought I might be able to use a DOL starter. After speaking with an electrition he confirmed I would be able to do this.
After purchasing one and having him over to install it the machine still won't start.

He thinks it's somthing to do with it being wired to the variable speed control and wants to see a wiring diagram before he'll have another look at it.

Could this be bypassed and the DOL switch connected direct to the motor? (I'm not worried about the speed control as I just want to leave the machine set up for grooving).

If so, any idea which of the 9 terminals on the motor (it's 3 phase) it needs connecting to?

Thanks again

Russ