Welcome new junkies- Some tips on using the board

All strange discussion and debates

Moderator: crzypete

the junkie
Site Admin

Welcome new junkies- Some tips on using the board

Post by the junkie »

Hi everyone welcome aboard. the software is actually pretty easy to use and for the most part pretty stable.

I guess the biggest problem is the login deal- it is really easy to post as a guest by accident. the best way to do this is to tell your computer to keep you logged in, this is easily accomplished.

When you are not logged in go to the first page and scroll to the bottom- you will see a sign-in with a box that says keep me logged in- check that box as you sign in. This should take you back to the first page but now you should be logged in- If it doesn't take the first time, try once more- for some reason it only works on the second try on my computer.

Being logged in allows the lightbulbs next to each category to light each time you return to the site- they light when new posts have been made.

It also allows posting with your name next to it.

That's about it. have fun. 8)

the junkie
the junkie
Site Admin

Post by the junkie »

OK, I have made a major change. It seems that we get a lot of spam posts that I have to eliminate, and am tired of chasing these jerks down. I have made it so that in order to post or reply you have to be a registered user. It will autmatically prompt you to log-in when you hit the reply button if you are not already logged.

Hopefully this will make the forum a better place.