Post by crzypete »

Awesome!!!! :D Great news!

Pete
guzziguy

Post by guzziguy »

HALLELUYA!
nektai

Post by nektai »

Still waiting on the paperwork. It has afforded me the luxury of finishing most of the details that would have otherwise been left in various stages of neglect.

I installed and painted trim at the sheet-rock/ concrete transitions and I trimmed the windows with rough sawn Maple

Trim in the wood shop

Trim in the Metal shop

Here is the concrete floor in its pre mop state. I have since mopped it and will rent a buffer once it dries in order to remove the paint splatters. Then I will follow with a concrete densifier/sealer which will react with the floor causing the concrete to gain 40% strength and preventing any future dusting. If I want more of a sheen I will rent the buffer again and put a polish to the floor. Here is some info on the product if anyone is interested.
http://concretesealer.net/index2.htm
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Looks great, let's cover that blank canvas in cast iron...... I am ready to see the machines marching in.

Pete
johndodd

Gallery

Post by johndodd »

Forget about the cast iron... I will start shipping some consignment pieces
to this FANTASTIC new exciting Hampton gallery.

Nice siding ,door and landscaping..but the photo of your son with
his sandbox toy is perfect.

Great to see the progress!
John
nektai

Post by nektai »

John I would consider the gallery but I would have to take about 80% of the sale. Not sure how many artist would accept those terms so I have decided to continue with the plan of using it as my studio.

I am happy to announce that the first loads of machines have rolled down the driveway!

I will continue to break down machines and use the pickup to make the trip to the new studio until friday afternoon when I pick up a cute hydraulic trailer to finish the job.

I am VERY excited :D
mystry_tour

Post by mystry_tour »

Nektai, that is a great looking shop. Bet you can't wait to get started makeing dust
Tour
I fought to keep the Gov. in power......they keep screwing around I'll fight to get rid of them.
mr douglas t

Post by mr douglas t »

Looks great. I sure hope you have a few more vidmars to move into the new space still.
nektai

Post by nektai »

Mr.Douglas I am affraid to say that I only have 2 3/4 vidmars. I am in the market for a tall one for the metal shop but have had little luck on Ebay. If anyone knows of a supplier in the north east I would appreciate it.
mystry_tour

Post by mystry_tour »

gonna show my lack of smarts here ....but whats a vidmar, cabinets?
Tour
I fought to keep the Gov. in power......they keep screwing around I'll fight to get rid of them.
guzziguy

Post by guzziguy »

don't go there Tour. you might get infected with the disease.
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Studio looks great. So glad to see those machines moving in.

Tour, Vidmars ( by stanley) or lista or equipto are industrial cabinets with full extension drawers which hold 400- 450 lbs depending on the brand. they are the big boxes in Nektai's second pic

They are the cabinets that I bought in this thread
http://machinejunkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=273

You can check them out on stanley website as well, although new prices are a tad high.
http://www.stanleyvidmar.com/portal/site/StanleyVidmar/

or the lista site
http://www.listacabinets.com/

I think the Listas are a little nicer, but the drawers are a tad narrower which can be annoying. Most of my cabinets are vidmars.

Pete
nektai

Post by nektai »

Big progress !!!

Here are some pictures

The only trouble I had with this stage of the move had to do with my chain hoist. My 1 ton gave up the ghost so I was forced to push the limit of my 1/2 ton. It lifted the Cresent jointer without too much trouble. I was very nervous but it worked.

I picked up the trailer on Friday and put it to work on Saturday. What an amazing contraption!!

Other things that I learned along the way...Sesame Street band aids work very well and they even hold on after multiple hand washings.

The new Shop

The New Metal Shop

The Old Wood Shop with the last two machines to be moved before the trailer goes back, the Tanny and the Oakley edge sander. I will have endless trips of small stuff to move but I want to position the machines first. The little stuff would be in the way now.
nektai

Post by nektai »

Moved the last two today. I took my time and I took some pieces off of them. I was afraid that the Tanny would be too top heavy especially if i hit a tree or a bad bump with the trailer.

It turned out I saved my best driving fort the last load and I could have left the top wheel assembly in place but better to be safe than sorry,

Lots to do like putting some of the machines back together and half a dozen need to be lowered those last few precarious inches to the ground.
guzziguy

Post by guzziguy »

how's the shop going Nico?

what are you into these days?

j
nektai

Post by nektai »

I have been bending conduit by night and dealing with a cold that has gone through our family one by one. Everyone is back to full health now and I should be back on track for a very productive end of the week. I will follow up with pictures soon.

n
nektai

Post by nektai »

Today I finally received my Certificate Of Compliance!

I am very relieved.
crzypete

Post by crzypete »

Congrats.

Need more pictures.

Pete
nektai

Post by nektai »

I am way behind with the pictures. I have finished up the conduit and finished all of the electrical connections. I am waiting on dust collection pipe so I have turned my attentions to tuning machines and in some cases improving them.

This morning I completed my table saw island. It houses A Powermatic 66

I am very proud of the Delta Unisaw and shaper as they both are pre 1946 models. I feel that they were meant to be together.

The table between the machines is 3'wide and it was designed to accommodate two short vidmar/lista cabinets to be accessed from the side of the island that says POWERMATIC (firsrt picture.) I figured it would take me a while to find the cabinets so I did not make the final few modifications to the existing powermatic extension table to receive them. I was not counting on the good will of Crzypete, by the time I came up to the house he had sent me a link to an auction for two short Listas. A few clicks later I own the cabinets and will now have to take apart the table to make a few modifications.
mr douglas t

Post by mr douglas t »

Looks great. My shop has the table saw along a wall, but I have to admid, the island with the three machines looks great. You will have to keep us posted on its function down the road. Great thought with the vidmar placement. Once you tell Mr Crzy Pete what you are looking for something, he has a way of getting it. If I reacall, one time I told him my next machine should be a wide belt sander. Next call I get is him in Ohio Looking at one, with room on the trailer. Do you still have that photo Pete?