MachineJunkie Forum Index MachineJunkie
A site for addicts of classic woodworking machinery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost Cutter blade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MachineJunkie Forum Index -> Hammond Glider Saws
View previous topic :: View next topic  
januaryw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Cost Cutter blade Reply with quote

This blade came on my Hammond Glider G-100, I didn't notice at first that it was not a regular HG blade.

The main thing is that the trio of mounting holes and the trio of holes for the trimmer blades are not symmetrically spaced. Here's a pic of the blade on top of a regular Hammond blade.

So as you can see, the central arbor hole is larger, 7/8" dia, the radius of the circle of mounting holes is slightly smaller than the Hammond, and as before the trimmers are located differently.
So I've got other blades now including a new Forrest wwI, and I thought if there is somebody out there that needs a genuine CC blade I'd offer to part with it. It is in pretty good shape although eight teeth are chipped. (marked) It is a tad bigger than 5-3/4" and has a slight boss on the back side.
I say "cost cutter" because that's how the blade looks in their manual (pdf download) - what do I know, it may fit a Morrison . . .
anyway - cheers
JW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MachineJunkie Forum Index -> Hammond Glider Saws All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: