MachineJunkie Forum Index MachineJunkie
A site for addicts of classic woodworking machinery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oliver 166cd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowdoctr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: oliver 166cd Reply with quote

hello, new member here and also a 1st time oliver equipment owner, I recently purchased a oliver 166cd jointer in need of some repairs, at this point I have replaced the cutter head bearings, had motor rewound, the motor is a r louis allis 5hp 3 phase, the cover was broken at some point and needs to be replaced, does anybody know of one or know where I can purchase one, thanks
crzypete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could call eagle machinery and see if they can fabricate one, but it will probably be expensive. Other options would be to fix the one you have, fabricate a suitable replacement or post an ad over at OWWM and hope that someone actually has one kicking about.

Pete
Bowdoctr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, I have the parts from the broken one all but a small sliver, it would just be a ugly repair!
crzypete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you could make it a good looking repair. After all we are only talking about the ball cap of the motor. You can silver solder cast iron which is almost invisible. Or braze it and the grind the braze and bondo it. You would never see it. I'd do this in a heartbeat. Paint and bondo will cover a myriad of sins!

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MachineJunkie Forum Index -> Oliver Machines All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: